Hi! In a post I made a while back (you can look here), I made a list of extra things about me to share (one at the end of each new post). And I totally got behind on it. v.v So, I thought I would pick up where I left off. =D
I'd gotten up to #12 which asks you to make a recipe you've been intimidated about. So I made that pesto lasagna I've been thinking about doing for a while. And it was so easy! It has a basic pesto with ricotta cheese and plain yogurt added in to make it a little creamier. Then you cook up some potatoes (I used yukon gold) and green beans and the lasagna noodles. While it's all hot, you layer pesto, noodles, pesto, potatoes and green beans, noodles, pesto, etc and top it off with some parmigiano reggiano. Then you simply cut and serve. It's an oven-free lasagna recipe. ^_^ I love it! It was so yummy and so perfect for the hot summer. Here is a picture (not the best picture I could have taken, but I was hungry hahaha!):
I didn't have tons of basil or I would have made enough pesto to put a little on top so it looked a little more pretty. There's always next time. :)
Johnny is doing alright in Afghanistan. He has very limited communication right now, however. He is able to email once in a while, though, and that gives me my Johnny-fix. ;) He was able to do more - like go on Facebook - for a time but he won't be able to do that again for a while. But he is safe and just doing his job every day while he's there. =)
As for me, I am doing well. I'm cooking sometimes and exercising and keeping the kitties happy (which takes much cuddling, which is a burden I'll have to carry xD ) and just doing my best. I hang out with Jessica sometimes and Regina sometimes, which is very happy. ^_^ The hurricane just made things stormy at Fort Bragg and I had power and water throughout and I'm so grateful, because there were many without it and still are many without it. And, hey, now I've got lots of water just in case. Hahaha.
I miss my Johnnybear very much, though. I wish I could cuddle and cuddle him. He's my one and only and always.
I love this picture of us. We took it a long time ago, but it makes me so so happy. ^_^



2 comments:
What an interesting recipe. I hadn't ever heard of putting potatoes in a lasagna before. I love pesto, so I would probably love it.
That is a fun & beautiful photo of you two!
Wow, looks delicious! I'm glad you're doing OK and Johnny too. Hopefully the lack of email communication doesn't last for too long.
Post a Comment