Friday, June 10, 2011

Life is what you make it.

I feel like life is what you make it. Every situation offers an opportunity for growth or for weakness. Facebook has become a site I frequently hate because of all the whining that goes on there. -.- There are people that are working hard to be optimistic and strong in their lives and it is just annoying when people whine to the world on Facebook - especially when their problems aren't that big of a deal. A woman is apart from her husband for a week for a business trip. Every day she boohoos about how much she misses him and how hard it is to sleep alone and how many hours it will be until she's "in his arms again." If she knew how obnoxious that is for me to read. My husband will be gone for a YEAR, people. Do you know how much I could whine? Let's take a good look at my life: I am across the country from every soul I have ever met except John. I am fat, thanks to the crappy meds the doctor gave me. I have no goals, no future, no point to getting out of bed at all in the morning. I have no training or skills to get a good job and the economy here is very bad, anyway, so there are very few jobs to be had. I gave up my dream of being a geologist to come here. We share one car so for 8-12 hours a day I am stuck here with no one but my cats and hamster. I talk only to my mother on the phone and occasionally a couple of friends call me (and sometimes I miss their call usually just cause I dumbly left my phone downstairs or I'm sleeping during the day - John works nights and I prefer to see him while he's here and my psychiatrist can smirk at me about that all she freaking wants [not Regina, the other one that's there for the meds. Regina never smirks at me. :) ]). But you know... my life could be worse and I know it. So I do my best to be positive and to write statuses that I'm going to go for a walk today even though in reality I feel like crap today and I'm sad and going for a walk was the highlight of my whole freakin' day. I don't whine about it because I know that no one cares, no one wants to read it (apologies for making y'all read it hahaha), and everyone has their own crap to deal with and don't need me to bog them down with more of it. I aspire to be strong and positive and optimistic. To be someone that others might look up to someday.
There's Julie who had a stroke and is relearning to talk, read, and write. And she stays positive and puts a cute picture of herself on facebook and writes, "Just because I can't talk, doesn't mean I don't look good!" How amazing is that? I am so in awe about her. She's my hero.
I have another friend whose husband was very abusive to her, cheated on her, gave her an STD - which later became cancer - from his cheating, left her, kicked her out of their home, and did his best to take their kids away (so far she has been able to keep them). And now she is with her parents and starting over again. And I just know she's going to pick up those pieces of her life and make it beautiful again. Because that's what she does. She just keeps going. And that is so wonderful!
And maybe I'm immature but when I log onto facebook and see someone whining about Obama and gas prices I just want to smack 'em. People in these days seem to have forgotten to count their blessings. My message to such whiners is: suck it up and shutup! I think my dad would like my talent in making up a phrase like that which rhymes. Hahaha. He and my older brother always would tell me: Life sucks and then you die. xD I did indeed stop whining when they said that. Hahaha.
So here are my blessings, since I already outlined the cons to my world:
~I can get up whenever I want (though it's frequently when Zoe and Miles want but they are smaller than me hahaha).
~I have all the writing time I need! =D
~We are fortunate that I don't HAVE to have a job to pay our bills (though obviously more money is always fun).
~My mama still answers the phone when I call her all the time. ;) And she calls me, too! =D
~I have the sweetest husband that always tries to do his best at everything.
~We live in a nice place with not too annoying of neighbors. :)
~I don't have to hook my dryer up to just a hole in the wall I can see grass through. (Found a wolf spider - well, bits of one - through my clean warm laundry once cause the poor thing found its way in. Of course I rewashed everything and I think I also showered just in case bits of it were still on me. Lol.)
~I have good friends, even though they are far away! =D A special thanks to y'all that leave comments here for me cause they mean a lot to me. Also, a BIG thanks to my Keety-friend for being there for me!
~We live quite close to like 4 Starbucks locations. This make-a me happy. =)
~I have the cutest pets evah!!! And they are very patient and tolerant when I hug and kiss them. (Miles actually has an I'm-being-patient expression he wears during cuddle time.) Behold the cuteness below.


~I have air conditioning!!!
~If I keep working at it I will become less fat. Lol.
~I have awesome people to look up to. :)
~I have seen Spartacus, so I know life can suck a lot more than this. xD
~Ellen Degeneres and Oprah Winfrey ('Nuff said.)
~Chocolate. (Doi.)
~My family. =D
~I am truly free. I have a freedom few ever find in life. =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post really helps me today. I never post it on facebook, but I find myself being so pessimistic and cynical. I'm not sure how to work through it, but this post makes me feel like it's within reach.

wisp said...

I'm so glad it helps. =) It was kind of my way of giving myself a boost out of feeling depressed. ^_^

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

You counted your many blessings! Always a good reminder. :-)