Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Papa's Day!

I miss my papa so much! I miss just being home with my family. I miss spending holidays at their house. I miss family dinners. I miss all my nieces and nephews and hugging them tight. Thinking of how much I love my nieces and nephews is what made me realize how much I really do want to be a mom. And how excited I am for that.
I understand now that much of why we didn't get along sometimes was because we are the same. xD For example: my dad likes his books lined up along the spines so they are all matched up with each other. But I felt like all the books should be pushed all the way back. So I'd go to his bookshelf and "fix" his books for him. And then next time I was by the shelf I'd see them back the way they were. Hahaha! We are the same in the different ways. He probably wondered who kept messing up his books! I also used to try to eat really spicy food cause my dad is tough and can take the heat of spicy foods. I discovered we aren't alike in that way cause I can't take the heat! xD I tried so hard, though. Hahaha. We also both love Jane Austen! That makes me so happy. And we both love Wind in the Willows and Ivanhoe. He's taught me a lot! And he is always there when I need him. I want to be a parent like that. :)
This is my favorite picture of my dad and me. =) I was an adorable baby. ;)

Then there is my pop-in-law! He is such a sweet man. The first time I met him he had a big beard and was a little intimidating-looking. But he was wearing a teddy bear earring and I told him I liked it. :) He's always been so accepting of me and easily broke past my shy walls and made friends. He is very jovial like Johnny. =D He took me for a motorcycle ride once when we were all assembled at John's brother Jim's house for a get-together. It felt like flying! I'm really glad that he and John have become so much closer in the past few years. Whenever they talk on the phone, John is so happy and calm afterward like he feels at peace. :) We also have received help from him when we were in a jam and for that I will be forever grateful because we really needed it. I hope we do get to go visit him in New Mexico someday because I think it would be really wonderful.

Baby John and Papa! =D So sweet. ^_^

And, of course, Johnny-bear. He's a good kitty and hamstah daddy. =) He has high expectations of our furries and they do their best to be good little critters for him. ;) When they hear his key in the door, Miles and Zoe bolt for the door and begin rolling around on the carpet to be properly cute and to lure Daddy into immediate cuddles. xD And he's a sucker for it every time! I love it! I know when we have kids that John will be an amazing father. I'm very excited for that.
Johnny and baby Miles. xD Sooooo cute! =D

I hope everyone's had a wonderful day. =)

2 comments:

Maren said...

John looks so much like his dad! That was nice to read. Have a fun month!

Anonymous said...

Dear Wisp - Thank you so much for the kind words. Yes, I remember the ride, you actually smiled. Boy do I look young in that picture, where did you get that one? Much different now. Still riding. And yes, you both are welcome anytime you feel you can stop by NM. That would be a trip I think Johnny boy would really appreciate and love. Someday...
Hang in there, both of you.
Love ya... dad