Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Foggy Bloggy

Life keeps going, eh? Not a lot has been happening for us lately. Thunder storms have been prevalent and Miles huddled into a shivering ball on one of our laps or under the bed while the menacing thunder is booming overhead. I think I'm still adjusting to the higher strength anxiety medication, cause the days have felt a little foggy for me. But, we've been adjusting the dosage of the stomach meds and have figured out a pretty good system, so I have been less sick. Now, to get my sleep schedule back to normal again. I would be so sick all night and then it would get light and I would fall asleep on the couch and wake up at 1 or 2 in the afternoon... which turned into 4 or 5... So, I'm sure that contributes to my daily haziness. The sleeping pills I have work too well - I can take them at 11 or 12 and still wake up at 3 the next day. lol So, we might try something else. Medications seem a little strong for me; my body is very sensitive. I credit my genes for this. I tried to blame my parents but it didn't work. XD My grandmother on my mother's side is also very sensitive, so I think I inherited a lot of her genetic code or something. But, things are getting better.
We are thinking of getting a second kitty sometime soon. I know that Miles will hate our guts and hate it for at least 3 weeks or longer. He'll stay under the bed and hiss and be thoroughly miserable. But, I'm hoping that he would warm up to the other kitty and that they could play together. Also, it's a comforting idea to think of me here with 2 little kitties while John is gone for 12-18 months next year. Last time, taking care of Miles was a nice distraction for me. And I also think Miles would resent a baby less when the time comes if he had another kitty friend. *crosses fingers*
Speaking of Miles, while cleaning his litter box, we found an entire ponytail holder attached to some of his... you know. He'd been out of sorts for a few days and now we know why! Poor boy! I'm glad it didn't kill him. So, now we'll need to wait until he's napping heavily and raid his toys for the thinner ponytail holders. I'll leave the thicker ones there for him, though. He loves his ponytail holder collection so much. He stole each of them from me - sometimes right off my head *muttermutter* - over time and it was always a happy surprise for him to find a new one. This has never happened before, so I'm sure it was an accidental swallowing... but we don't want to take a chance that our boy will get sick. I'll get him a new feathery toy to distract him from the missing hairbands... :S
We're hoping to make that beach trip soon. We're also planning a trip to Charlotte soon. The Penguin diner is there - the one Guy Fieri visited on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives (a favey show of ours) and they serve fried pickles. My love for pickles demands that I have them fried, thus, to Charlotte we will go. lol There's also a cool fish taco place there and an awesome home-cooking type diner that has chicken and dumplings and such. I've found that I like southern food - I mean, look how I have gravitated to grits! Now I can't make it a week without them. I'm pretty sure my dad would like them, as well. But, the lack of humidity in Utah just messes them up when you make grits there. The people at waffle house know us well. And John has been labeled the toast and grits guy cause he goes in to pick some up and bring home to me frequently. Especially when I was sick so much. Toast and grits are very comforting. So, now John is T&G and getting used to it. lol
We're just enjoying the day to day while I wait for the fog to lighten up eventually. It can take several weeks, I've heard. I'll be seeing my wonderful doctor this week, though, so we'll see if we can figure things out. I've also been trying to get my therapist hooked on my blog so hopefully that works soon. XD Just kidding. Maybe I'll tell my doctor about it too. lol Why not? After all, my doc and therapist are my first friends so far. Though I don't think we'll be hanging out at the mall or anything. *slaps knee with giggling fit*
Well, I'll update again soon. All y'all keep being awesome. And thank you so much for the comments. They mean a lot to me. A bit isolated and foggy, a comment is like an Easter Egg full of money. :D

2 comments:

Jiles The Great said...

I LOVE Charlotte...I went there once on a business trip and it's one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen. I hope you enjoy your fried pickles too lol.

I'll be anxious to hear how the 2nd kitty situation goes, if you end up getting another one. My only advice would be to try to get a girl kitty if possible...there might be a bit of competition if you have 2 males. One of the only time Michael grows a pair is if he smells a male cat. Crazy good times.

Miss you!

Di said...

Oh my...you sounded pretty clear and coherent, I think your meds kicked in there at the end though... ;)