Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Running out of sand in that hour glass...

We had a fun Thanksgiving. It was just John and I and my parents this year. My little brother went to Thanksgiving with his cute girlfriend. ;) We had a simple meal with turkey and all the trimmings. It was fun to just enjoy my parents for the holiday. My dad, John, and I went for a walk and talked together while my mom rested from her triumph in the kitchen. =) We had to head home early, though, so John could sleep a little more before he went to work that night. It was a memorable day for us. My parents have become cozier over the years. And, though we've had our troubles along the way, I'm going to miss them so much. I can see them as people now, not just parents. I've learned a lot from them.
John has been finishing up the busywork he needs to get taken care of before he leaves. He will be done with his job as a mentor on the 3rd, then will have his last drill weekend the 4th-6th. And I take him to his hotel on the 8th and he flies out on the 9th. It makes me a little sad because we will have little time together before he leaves and trying to say goodbye to everyone is getting tricky. It doesn't even feel like we're moving away. We aren't packed or anything, so it just feels like John's off to training again or something. Nothing feels final because I'm not sure when I'm going. It could be right away or it could be a while.
We've decided we'll probably drive out with Miles when we do move. This will be somewhat traumatic for all of us - he yowls in the car until we are back home... But, we're going to get a little harness for him and talk to our vet about what we can do to make it a smoother trip for us all. It will be an unforgettable journey no matter what. ;)
We're just planning on enjoying every second together and with our friends and family that we can until Johnny goes. :)

1 comment:

Jiles The Great said...

Well...glad you had a good Thanksgiving, and thank you AGAIN for helping us move. I'm excited for lunch on Saturday!