Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Let the adventure begin. :)

Yesterday we had our last day together for a while. We had to run up and get the rest of the paperwork from John's recruiter in the afternoon and all of the recruiters wished us luck and told me to call them if I need anything at all. :) We'd both been too nervous all day to eat and it was about 2 o' clock, so we decided to grab some lunch. We decided to head over to La Dolce Vita. Since 2 is kind of a slow time for restaurants, we had the place to ourselves! We split the gnocchi lunch special and talked about all the good things ahead of us in life. And over our tiramisu we wished each other a Merry Christmas, just in case. We had a mini Christmas meal together. =) It was heavenly. Our own little world enveloped La Dolce Vita for a little while. :) I could watch the stress melt off of John while we sat there eating together. The color came back to his cheeks, the sparkle back to his eyes.
John's buddy Jesse had agreed to drive us up to the MEPS hotel that John would stay the night in before flying out with the other Army guys in the morning. So, we all headed up together, checked Johnny in, had some Burger King for dinner, wandered about in Barnes and Noble (and picked up a Halo book for John to read during the flight since he forgot a book and I knew he'd be sad and nervous on the plane without something to distract him - he's made himself sick enough with worry as it is) and eventually said a tearful, hug-so-tight-you-can't-breathe goodbye in the underground parking lot. Then Jesse drove me home and I did a lot better this time emotionally - just a few tears at first, then we just talked and listened to music. When I got home, I fed the furball that kept rolling around on the floor and meowing his little "pirrup" to be cute enough to be rewarded with noms. :D
Sadly, a little later, behind my ears and the back of my neck, upper back, and arms were itching and burning. Yep. I broke out in hives from stressing out too much. :-S Such a silly Tiney.
A mistake was made, though, and there was no plane ticket for my Johnny. So now he will be flying out tomorrow and he and I have been chatting online today (he has his lappy). That's the way it goes. So, here I am drugged up with Benadryl at the computer chatting with mah boy (refraining from itching... mostly). :D
This starts the adventure, eh? Here we go!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Good luck!! I hope things work out for you two to be reunited really soon. Please keep us updated! :)