Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Believe it, baby! :)

I've been realizing more and more lately what power belief really has. Since I began believing I am strong, I've become stronger and done things that I never would have done. Just believing in my potential for strength has helped cripple my fears. It's also helped me face down the past and let it go. And when I believe in John, his belief in himself is stronger and he does better at what he's working at.
I've always been a worrier. "What if" has been a prominent question along the way. I've also been a bit of a pleaser, always wanting approval. But believing that I can handle whatever could happen has helped push out the worry - not all the way, but we're all a work in progress, right? Somehow in this change, I found the courage to be honest with myself and others. When confronted with a problem, I used to let anger give me strength, which is easy to do and what we often see in the media. But calm honesty and control of emotion brings a much better result. (Though sometimes anger can be necessary, appropriate, and useful, I'll admit. But not always.) This is a very recent discovery, but I'd like to keep it by my side. And hey, maybe this worrier will become a peaceful warrior (if you've read Way of the Peaceful Warrior, that makes even more sense).
In other news, John met with the Sgt. Major he needed to and learned that they JUST changed the rules and that he doesn't have to meet with the General. He basically just has some paperwork left to do (that we know of) and once we turn it in to another Sargeant who will take it to the General, we are done. And, in case anyone wondered, I am still not far in the packing. I've been sick again - ick - which has thrown a wrench in the gears. But, it's getting easier and easier and I'm getting a more organized plan in mind as to how to go about this packing for the unknown destination and date. ;) Everything is starting to feel more "real" all the time. And John is getting more excited to be a full-time soldier. It's who he really is - I see it more and more the closer it gets. :) Let's hope things keep going as smooth as they have been! :D

No comments: