Today was a good day. This afternoon, my dad called to see if Johnny and I wanted to go over and hang out. My mother has been in Ogden caring for my Grandma all week. (She's doing better, but still can't walk. She's in a care center for now.) So, my dad and my little brother have been home alone and possibly lonely. My dad suggested getting a Papa Murphy's pizza and watching a movie or something. So, we decided to go. :)We got cleaned up and headed to the store. We picked up some cookies, graham crackers, big marshmallows, and chocolate chips. We decide on the Chicago Style Stuffed pizza and headed over to my dad's. We baked the pizza - which had many meats inside - and had a hearty lunch, finished off with some sweet cookies. Then we watched The Italian Job (the new one), which my dad had never seen and that he loved. All of us decided the sunny weather would nice for us to walk in, so we took a stroll around a little of their country neighborhood. When we returned we scratched and petted the cats and the horse, Cobra, for a while. (They're all shedding.) We talked about this and that, looked at the garden, took funny pictures. We trooped inside and washed all the animal hair off our hands and arms and buckled down for a second movie. This time we went for Paycheck, another action-packed movie. (And I wonder why I get along with boys - I've always been hanging out with them.)
After the movie, we made some s'mores in the microwave. (Half at a time and then smoosh 'em together.) We enjoyed the melty gooiness and talked some more. We toweled off our faces and then John and I headed home so he could get ready for work.
All in all, it was a really awesome day. We just were. There wasn't anything complicated, just happy simplicity. Like a deep breath of cool air. And coming home to a cute gray kitty that's rolling around begging to be shnuggled and cuddled... who could ask for more? ...Well, I kind of want another s'more, actually. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment