Well, it's been nice having no school this week. I've gotten to read books that I want! And I don't feel guilty about it! I can watch a movie with John without anxiety! I don't have to blow my friends off because of homework! I did need a break. The first day of class, I just felt so tired. I didn't have it in me to keep plowing through. It's felt like I've been carrying something really heavy and finally get to set it down for a while. And in the meantime I forgot how tall I am due to all the strain! So, I've been stretching this week. Staying up late, wasting time on Facebook taking idiotic quizzes, playing Nintendo (gasp!)... It's been pretty awesome. Last time I took a "break" we were moving, so it wasn't so fun. I've been doing the mountains of laundry that accumulated during the semester. (No easy task, my friends.) I'm still a little nervous about taking Calculus 1 over again during summer semester, but I'll just do my best. I just want to do a little better.John's had drill again this weekend. He just had it two weeks ago, which is unusual, but he's having fun getting to know his new unit. He also decided to use a West Virginian accent when he was calling in as a civilian that had supposedly seen a chopper go down. So, nicknames like Boy Howdy and Yee-haw are being used. >:D (Christine is pleased by this.) It's hard on us, though, because we don't get as much time together as we would have. Plus, John has to switch his sleeping schedule to sleeping when he's usually working. He handles it remarkably well, though. (He did last 96 hours awake during Basic Training, while most the others only lasted 48.)
I received the rest of my grades this weekend. Chemistry B-, Technical Communications A, Physical Geology A, Geology Seminar P (pass/fail). My GPA rose a bit from last semester's grades, so Johnny surprised me and took me to the Bombay House last night after his drill stuff to celebrate. (He likes that he can spoil me again.) We had our fish curry and paratha bread -- our favorite. And John had his usual rose milk while I had a strawberry lassi. And we indulged in Gulab Jamun (balls of dough with golden raisins in it fried and served in a sugar syrup with what I think was candied ginger) and Kheer (a cardamom rice pudding with cashews and golden raisins) for dessert. Then we came home and got to hang out with some friends, so we had some fun this weekend.
Hey, what more can I ask for?

No comments:
Post a Comment