Sunday, December 15, 2013

Almost Christmas

I have neglected my blog!  Sorry about that.  I've just been getting used to life on the medication for my facial nerve problem and I've had a kidney stone or something so been kind of out of it.  Also, John just had LASIK surgery on his eyes so he's been putting drops in his eyes every couple of hours and wearing shades a lot.  But he's excited to have improved vision without wearing his specs anymore. =)
The kitties have just been enjoying themselves.  Lots of wrestling and running around and getting into things.  As kitties must do. ;)  Patches has been growing up!  She is becoming a lithe, gorgeous cat.  And she can jump even higher now. O.O  We've given up trying to stop the jumping onto high things and have just started stabilizing things and keeping them clutter free for her to land on safely. lol  Zoe oversees everything and takes care of everyone, in the meantime.  She's such a sweet girl.
We had a quiet Thanksgiving because of the kidney stones but it was still nice for us.  Thanksgiving cartoons and some easy to fix holiday food together was all we needed. :)
I've been gradually feeling better.  We'll be having a CT scan of my right kidney (again) soon and meet up again with the urologist.  These things take time at the army hospital, though.  Between the two of us, we've had a lot of appointments lately! lol  We are looking forward to a little time off. ^_^  It will be so nice to just be home together and relax.  I love Christmastime.  (Again, there will be holiday cartoons. heehee)
Johnny and Me
Zoe and Patches, the little sweeties.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay for Lasik! Sorry to hear about the kidney stone thing. Sounds yucky. We've been sick around here for a bit - all except for Matt, the stinker. Sometimes it seems unfair - maybe I should get the baby to cough in his water bottle or something. ANyway, I got your sweet sweet b-day card. Thank you so much! You're such a wonderful friend. Hope Christmas is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas from the sunny(?) southwest. Will prob ably give you folks a call in the next day or so. Best wishes for a Happy New Year and hugs to you both, behind the ear scratches for the kitties.
dad in NM