Saturday, March 2, 2013

Fleeting February

Well, February was busy!  I can't believe it went by so quickly.  We decided to adopt a new kitty named Patches.  At least we hope she realizes that is her name eventually. lol  I would have more pictures but I forgot how rarely kittens hold still unless they are asleep!  I also thought I had kitten-proofed the house.  I so had not.  We are much closer to kitten-proofed now. ;)
Meet Patches
She was a little bit sick when we first got her, however, and we didn't realize it until she and Zoe had been around each other.  This led to some two cat vet visits.  When one of those cats is 13 lbs and refuses to take pills, it gets tricky. hahaha  Seriously, Zoe held her breath, closed her throat and waited for the pill to dissolve and dribble away. x.x  She is such a stubborn girl.  We found that they both had Upper Respiratory Disease (which sounds scarier than it is, it is basically a kitty cold) and Patches had a tape worm which might have also infected Zoe so we medicated them both to be safe.  I thought the new kitten would be the difficult one to give medicine to, but she was very good and Zoe was very... spastic. The couple times I had to give her the liquid medicine by myself, it took a very long time and was kind of like sumo wrestling.  We'd circle each other and I'd dive at her with a towel.  It's kind of like fighting with a marshmallow, though, she just squeezed through my arms and got away repeatedly.  But, they both got all of their medicines and are doing well. =D  During this time they got closer to each other, uniting against a common enemy - the lady with the medicines (me).  And now they play together and sleep near each other on me.  (John is working nights lately, so me and the kitties fall asleep on the couch.)  I hope they will eventually kitty-cuddle.  Miles and Zoe never did cuddle, Miley had too much dignity for such things, the cute little bear. (Oh, I miss him.)
Zoe likes to creep into the laundry I'm folding and fall asleep in the warm. :3
 Also during this time we celebrated Valentine's Day together.  I know people say it's a silly holiday invented by greeting card companies to get us all to spend money.  But, I figure I'll enjoy every chance to celebrate our relationship.  =)  And also chocolate. ;)  Johnny took me to a sweet little German restaurant and it was wonderful.  I find German food very warm and comforting.
My sweetiebear
Me... kind of blurry
It was a really good evening together. :)  One of those times you know is going to be a fond memory. ^_^
And Patches is getting used to us and to Zoe and I think she is happy here.  At first I felt so mean for taking her away from all the fun other kittens and bringing her here to live with us and Zoe, who frequently would hiss and try to hit Patches on the head. v.v  But now they are most often together, which I love.  And Patches has become very cuddly with me and Johnny, at least. :D  I love the cuddles!
Snuggled against Johnny
Asleep cuddling with a stuffed Tigger she adopted when she got here.
 She's a sweetie and we are glad she is becoming a part of our little family. =)

3 comments:

Matthew Neal said...

Wow, cute pictures! My sister Melissa's cat is named patches, but he's not so...patchy. So so cute and kittenish. Anyway, glad you had a great valentine's day. Personally, I think it's a great holiday! :)

Matthew Neal said...

And my name is actually Jennifer, not Matthew. ;)

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

"fighting with a marshmallow" is a great visual! Glad to meet the newest member of your family!