It is definitely Spring here. For a few days it actually looked like someone dusted the world with green confectioners sugar because there was so much pollen everywhere. However, Christine is allergic to all the pollens. D= So, I have been a sneezing and sniffling girl for a while. When I sneeze it upsets Miles, though, and he comes running over to check on me. :3 It's so cute! It's nice to be looked after.
Lately I have had a mineral addiction. x.x I found that you can buy minerals for a little money (or for a LOT of money, depending on your budget and/or obsession) on eBay and now I have expanded my collection a bunch. :D It makes me happy.
This is a piece of lab grown chalcanthite I ordered. 8D I love it so much!!!
My pyritized ammonites! <3 Pyritization is a kind of replacement, a kind of fossilization where the mineral that makes up the organism is replaced with another mineral, in this case pyrite (also known as fool's gold). Pyrite naturally forms in cubes (due to the way the molecules bond and form a crystal lattice - so cool!) so the chambers inside the ammonite end up having minerals grow in and fill them and look like lots of little geodes. Ammonites are one of my great loves. ^_^
I am doing pretty well without any medication. :) I'm paying close attention to everything, though, to see if it is the best thing for me.
I threw my back out of alignment a little bit this week. x.x I wasn't sure if I should seek medical attention or not, but it started to do better after I had put heat on it for a while and my shower head has a massage setting which helped the pain a lot. In celebration of doing better today I made shepherd's pie. Hahaha.
I discovered something new about myself over the past couple of weeks. I have never really had a favorite fruit. When pressed I usually would say pineapples or strawberries. However, I realized that my actual favorite fruit is lime. =D Savory or sweet, I love it. :D
Recommendation: Ciao Bella Key Lime Gelato and Graham ice cream sandwiches. So. Good. Also, black bean tacos. Corn tortilla (I lightly fry mine), black beans, avocado, tomato, cheddar cheese, squeeze lime juice over it, and shake salt over that. Then taco it up. :D One of my favorite meals.
I like that I still learn things about myself. :)
Happy Easter in a few days! =D
Root Beer Cupcakes
1 week ago





3 comments:
Wow, those minerals are gorgeous! Good luck on being medication free, and I hope your back feels better soon. My back seems to have realized I'm in my thirties now - it complains a lot more than it used to when I move the wrong way. And hurray for lime - I was thinking about your black bean tacos the other day - think I might make them for my vegetarian sister when she comes to visit. They're SO good!
Thanks! I miss you so much! Thank you for the birthday card! =D It meant a lot to me. :3 I might make the tacos tomorrow. lol I keep thinking about them. ;)
Mmm...now I'm hungry.... :)
Post a Comment