Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Get well soon.

I was determined to make my next post really positive and happy after my last one.
My dear, dear friend Julie (jilesthegreat that comments sometimes from the blog The Insanity That Is Me in my sidebar) has really had it rough lately. After a long wait, she has at last been able to have children - twin boys - and I am so happy for her and her sweet husband. But, then she got sick and it went into bronchitis and then pneumonia. On Sunday she suffered a major stroke. She is recovering and from what her husband has let me know so far, she is walking but she will probably need to learn how to read and how to speak again. All I want to do is fly to her and hug her and help her relearn and be there for her. I'm sure her family and other friends feel the same way.
I met Julie in kindergarten. I recognized some kind of sameness between the two of us and walked up and asked her if she wanted to be my friend and she said yes. :) We were best friends all through elementary school. We had some very dramatic spats in 5th and 6th grade but made up when I had to move a few cities away. We got together a couple of times and wrote letters, but things drifted. And then a year or so ago I joined facebook and we found each other again and became super close again just like we used to be. We'd get coffees together or go out for mac and cheese at Cracker Barrel. We also shared great love for Ghost Hunters and Alvin & the Chipmunks. xD
When Johnny transferred to the army and we were posted to North Carolina, Julie and I made a pact we would visit each other. (Especially to make a trip to Rhode Island so we could stalk the Ghost Hunters. Hahaha.) But she has so happily been able to have her darling babies, so we postponed all stalking plans. I've wanted to go back to Utah to visit but it just keeps being put off and our savings keep getting used up by different needs. I ache to visit now. I don't want to make more stress for her, though, so I'm waiting to see what her husband thinks is best.
She is the person outside my family that has known me the longest. We've been sending each other cds and presents since I moved away. We message each other on facebook frequently. She's so so precious to me.
Jiles, I'm sending all the energy I've got to you. All my thoughts, prayers, if I have any magic that's coming your way, too. I love you so so much. You have helped me become so much stronger. I'm here no matter what you need. Whatever it is, I'll do it. I'm just so happy that you are safe and alright. I'm here, babe.

1 comment:

Matthew Neal said...

This is one of the sweetest and most moving posts ever! It makes me want to take all my friends at once and give them a hug, thanking them for being in my life. Here's my virtual hug for you, Tine - I love you! Hope your friend Julie gets better quickly.