Friday, April 29, 2011

The Lucky Penny and "Let My Hamstah Go!"

Well, we've been doing well since the tornadoes hit this area. (Aside from a large grocery bill. hahaha) I probably won't ever let myself have 5 frozen pizzas in the freezer at once again. It made me so sad throwing their warpednesses away. They were all going to be so yummy! hahaha
Seriously, though, I'm a little afraid of storms now. When the wind and rain get crazy I get nervous butterflies in my stomach. And I'm definitely doing what my mother has always said I need to do: make 72 hour kits. (Yeah, there will probably be MRE's in there. hahaha) I don't even hate when my mother's right anymore cause I've started expecting it. >:C I accept it begrudgingly... lol.
In other news, I've started a diet and exercise program. It's a little hilarious cause the book says you can eat whatever you want, but then has a 1400 daily caloric intake eating plan... xD In the end, losing weight is just math. (Actually, in the end everything is about math. O.O <-- large "whoa" eyes) But, I'm loving it. I really like having all my meals and snacks planned out and that I get to cook them myself. It's a 6 week program with walking, working out, stretching, planned meals, etc. And, this shouldn't surprise anyone, yes, it is a Denise Austin program. =D I loves her. (Not a typo.) It's the Shrink Your Female Fat Zones book she wrote a while back. I bought it used for a penny on amazon. I feel a little guilty for not buying a new one and helping the business and stats and all, but when I think of a used book that needs love then I need to give it a home. (In the Christine world inanimate objects have feelings.) (And animals DEFINITELY have feelings there, too, while we're describing the place. ;) ) What a well-spent penny! I love stretching so much! The program has you stretch 3 times daily. The first day I woke up with a headache, which is fairly typical for me, and after stretching my headache went away! =) I love the workouts and I'm enjoying taking the time to walk on the treadmill listening to mah tunes! My tunes and I don't get enough alone time lately. (Possibly because my ipod broke, but then we got our tax return and corrected that situation. And I've decided to call it mypod and call them mytunes. For funs.) I've reached the end of week one now and am feeling great! ^_^
The house has been in some Zoe uproar of late. She LOVES Dexter (the hamstah). She has decided we got her a pet. She likes to sleep next to his cage and (attempt to) cuddle him in his ball as he runs around.

The thing is, she HATES when we put him in the cage and has been trying to bust him out. She figured out how to unlock the locks and has opened up the side once (you can lift the whole top off for easy cleaning and apparently also as a handy escape route). Fortunately, Dexter was terrified and hid in his little hut. So we had to put his cage in another room and close the door, which Zoe promptly laid against with all her little limbs stuffed under the door. (She looked like an odd little Zoe-loaf... hahaha) Even when we called her and made tons of noise putting food in her bowl to draw her away, she didn't budge. John even said dramatically, "She will eat when Dexter is free!" Hahaha! So, we're working on a compromise for more hamstah-ball time if she'll subside her efforts. We're still in negotiations, but have high hopes for a future in which hamstahs and kitties can all be happy and live together with the same rights. ;)

No comments: