Well, Johnny's time in funeral detail has come to its end. We knew it would happen, but it still is bleh. During funeral detail, we were able to spend a lot of time together. Now he's been placed with
a medivac unit (or company... I don't know the words) which means he'll be keeping track of the helicopters carrying the wounded. He was nervous at first, but he's doing just fine, like I knew he would. He's glad that he'll have more rigorous Physical Training (PT) and more structure to the day. Also, we never knew when he would be needed for a funeral, so some days off turned into full days of funeral services. The troops are back, so things were reorganized and John helped train a new batch of soldiers for funeral detail and has moved on. =) In honor of missing him just a bit more than before, I wanted to list some cute quirkinesses about him. =D
1) When he wakes up in the morning, if he's had a dream, he needs to tell me everything about it in full detail. xD
2) He will be very meticulous with his Class A's (fancy uniform) and make sure they're clean and hung up and all the little pins are straight. But the rest of the time he'll kill a little spider with his hand and then wipe it on his jeans. *shudder* lol
3) Whenever he shaves with a real razor (not electric) he comes and rubs his cheek on my cheek to show me how soft it is. :)
4) He's always looking for cool songs or videos to show me online. Especially vids involving cute kitties doing cute things. (This good. *nod nod*)
a medivac unit (or company... I don't know the words) which means he'll be keeping track of the helicopters carrying the wounded. He was nervous at first, but he's doing just fine, like I knew he would. He's glad that he'll have more rigorous Physical Training (PT) and more structure to the day. Also, we never knew when he would be needed for a funeral, so some days off turned into full days of funeral services. The troops are back, so things were reorganized and John helped train a new batch of soldiers for funeral detail and has moved on. =) In honor of missing him just a bit more than before, I wanted to list some cute quirkinesses about him. =D1) When he wakes up in the morning, if he's had a dream, he needs to tell me everything about it in full detail. xD
2) He will be very meticulous with his Class A's (fancy uniform) and make sure they're clean and hung up and all the little pins are straight. But the rest of the time he'll kill a little spider with his hand and then wipe it on his jeans. *shudder* lol
3) Whenever he shaves with a real razor (not electric) he comes and rubs his cheek on my cheek to show me how soft it is. :)
4) He's always looking for cool songs or videos to show me online. Especially vids involving cute kitties doing cute things. (This good. *nod nod*)
5) He loves ramen. At any given time if we're tired and poor, he makes ramen and enjoys it as much as if we were going out somewhere fancy. It's soooo cute.
6) Johnny is not just A people person. He is THE people person. Even mean people laugh and talk to him and love him. I feel like Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail when Tom Hanks gets the angry cashier to swipe the credit card. Everyone smiles at him and then give me the frigidity. One of my main goals in life is to be more like him in this way.
7) He must eat his fries before his sandwich because the sandwich will stay warm longer and he loathes cold french fries. (He's also a ketchup man more often than not. I like my fries dipped in honey..
. it's a chicken nugget happy meal thing...)
6) Johnny is not just A people person. He is THE people person. Even mean people laugh and talk to him and love him. I feel like Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail when Tom Hanks gets the angry cashier to swipe the credit card. Everyone smiles at him and then give me the frigidity. One of my main goals in life is to be more like him in this way.
7) He must eat his fries before his sandwich because the sandwich will stay warm longer and he loathes cold french fries. (He's also a ketchup man more often than not. I like my fries dipped in honey..
. it's a chicken nugget happy meal thing...)
8) When he writes things on the grocery list for me, he spells them phonetically or turns the word into something weird. (ex: chikin, torteeyas, froot nacks, etc.) And he'll add different animals to the list. (ex: monkey brains, ... I don't think need more examples...)
9) He's tries so hard at everything he does. =) There's no 50% with this man. He's gonna give it all every time.
10) When I've fallen asleep on the couch, he's slept on the floor next to the couch to be by me. (And melted my heart like crazy when I realized it in the morning!)
So, in summation: I love the Johnny.
9) He's tries so hard at everything he does. =) There's no 50% with this man. He's gonna give it all every time.
10) When I've fallen asleep on the couch, he's slept on the floor next to the couch to be by me. (And melted my heart like crazy when I realized it in the morning!)
So, in summation: I love the Johnny.

5 comments:
We miss you guys. :-(
WOW - what a great list and it is so great that you pay such close attention to all his little expressions of his love for you! OH- and ALL soldiers are like that with their Class A's! Its just an Army thing. Inspection is a MAJOR DEAL! Dottie.
Glad to hear things just keep getting better and better. I am so glad you are there with him in all aspects and that you take such amazing care of each other. We miss you like crazy and love you dearly.~sis
Oh, I do miss you guys. Wanna come for dinner?
I wish.
ps- love the new pic of you guys on the sidebar
You inspire me. I'm starting a change jar so we can come visit...someday
Post a Comment