Monday, May 17, 2010

Crazy Blustery

Yesterday was an interesting day. We had stayed up late Saturday night, so we were enjoying a peaceful lie-in, as the Brits say. I woke up to a woman angrily yelling. We have neighbors 3 doors down that fight outside a lot, but I looked through the blinds anyway to make sure it wasn't something else. I saw one police car in the street - the MP's actually (Military Police). They wear army uniforms and red berets that are shaped a little differently than the other soldiers'. One thing I've learned is that they are strict and they mean business and you just don't want to mess with them. When there were 3 or 4 MP cars on the street I noticed the husband from the usual fighters' town house was outside talking with the MP's. Obviously, we wondered what in the world was happening and looked out frequently. When there were 6 MP cars, I looked out to see them frisking the husband, cuff him, and escort him into a vehicle. O.O Wow. There is quite a chance that his military career will be over or severely affected by whatever happened. The Army is extremely strict about spousal abuse in any form, they are strict about affairs... they care about how a soldier treats their family. At least at Fort Bragg thus far.
Later in the day a pretty huge thunderstorm rolled in. One thing we enjoy during a storm is to game together. So, we were cozy and at our computers and talking and playing with Miles laying on his cardboard (I'd explain, but you'd feel compelled to tell me how spoiled my cat is, so to be brief: he likes to lay on cardboard...)in the room with us. Then the lights flickered, our computers shut off, and we were thrust into darkness. Have I mentioned how I lost momentum unpacking since we'd be moving again and saw little point? Especially since there's nowhere to put anything... So, we used the lights from our cells to find a flashlight and a few candles that thank goodness I'd unpacked so far and a lighter. (John needs one to burn off the little threads that hang off his uniform - that way they don't fray. It's army protocol.) So we had Taco Bell by candlelight. XD The lights came back on just as we were finishing dinner and then my younger brudder called, so it was all happy. :) Just a crazy blustery day in every way.
Also, randomly, I realized I've thought about therapy wrong for a long time. See, I thought we would need to talk about the past quite a lot. Focus on everything that had happened to me - the now messed up product. That's how it's always portrayed in the movies... (I know, great source, eh?) "Tell me about your mother... And how did that make you FEEL?" But, now I've realized it actually is supposed to focus on now and what I'm doing to change. Less worry about blaming my "condition" on experiences A-L and worrying about where we are, which is Q, and how the crap I'm going to deal with R when I get there in a different way than I dealt with every letter up to now. Making choices day after day to be more of the person I want to be and let go little by little of the pieces of me I don't want to hold onto.
As far as the medicines for my stomach... well, I'm still getting sick from them. We'll try one then go back to another and realize how sick that one made me, though less sick than the new one. ;P There is another different kind of medication that my doctor said a GI Doc would prescribe that we could try if these ones don't work. I pretended to know what a GI Doc was, and we moved on. So, we'll see what happens. :)
I'm still happy, though. Sure I'm sick a lot in one way or another or another, but John and I have a lot of time together and we can just be in our world for a little while. Which I've needed. So, no worries. ;)
PS - Last week, I was able to tell the garbage men - in my head in the psychotic way previously mentioned - that I wore shorts outside. =D Yayz!!!

2 comments:

Jiles The Great said...

First of all, I hope the MP's don't ever show up in front of my house. That sounds a wee bit scary.
Secondly, you don't spoil your cat, you just meet his needs which may sometimes be odd and slightly ridiculous (*cough* not that I'm speaking from experience *cough*).
Thirdly, yay therapy!
And lastly...I hope you can find something better medicinally so you can stop taking yucky meds!

Anonymous said...

A GI? one of the constant men in my life. *sigh*. I wish that cops were like MP's. I do not think we would have the problems that we do in "normal society". The stricter the better I think. Therapy, for me always gave me someone to talk to that would listen without them thinking back to some crazy moment I had in life where I was not in control of my actions. They listen without prejudice. Definately a good thing. :) Love when the lights go out... sis