Well, our things arrived a day or two after my last post and we had a cardboard jungle in our living room. We've been slowly unpacking. It feels a little pointless since we'll be moving again in a few months, but we're going to try to make it feel like home until then.
I also started having kidney problems again and had to see a doctor and get some more medication. I'm starting to feel better now, though, thankfully. :) I hope we fight off the infection for good this time.
We've had a few problems since arriving, however. The Utah National Guard called saying that John was still somehow on their records and that they needed his information so they could remove him. So, John sent them the info and didn't think much more about it. But, the problem was that the Guard didn't properly outprocess him earlier - they made a mistake. Whoever tried to fix it made the change, did not sign it (thus going against protocol) so that it just said that Utah made the change, and the change carried that later date showing the John was not outprocessed from the Guard until now while he'd been inprocessed into the Army for a couple of months. This messed up our finances, as you can imagine. So we didn't get paid at all until today. We were able to get a loan and the last of the reimbursement for our travel expenses came through a few days ago, so we made it, but we've been a bit stressed out until now. Thankfully it is all straightened out and the Utah Guard might be investigated a bit for their blunder.
We will be getting the internet to our house next week so soon I will be able to change pictures and stuff! We've had to go to the housing office during certain hours so we could use the computers there (which is why I haven't updated as much).
Things are going well for us now and we are excited for our future. And I WILL get those squirrels to hold still for a picture! ;)
Thank you to everyone that has been so supportive of us through this big change in our lives. We love you all and really appreciate everything. :-*

1 comment:
Ah, I was hoping you'd blogged, I miss hearing about what you guys are up to. I'm sorry the kidney infection came back and that the stupid Utah Guard screwed up...but it sounds like things are getting better and I'm glad. Looking forward to more accounts of your adventures!
Post a Comment