Friday, February 19, 2010

Feeling At Home

Things have been moving along steadily for us. I finally don't have to worry constantly that we don't have any money. (I still keep worrying about it out of habit, though.) We've just been getting by since we got married. When the economy of Utah tanked, we pretty much did, too. We had a LOT of help from family to make it through and to make it out here. I don't know what we would have done without our Dads (and a few other people that also helped). So, thanks to our Papas for supporting us. :-*
I got pictures of the squirrels!!! Admittedly, only two, but STILL. *maniacal laughter* Seriously, I've been like the dogs in Up: "Squirrel!!!" whenever we see one. :D (If you haven't seen it, it's awesome, by the by.) As soon as we have internet at home this Sunday, I will be able to post said pictures. Or maybe whichever one is better. Sometimes we'll see them chasing each other around and jumping through the branch and going round and round the tree trunks. It's hilarious.
And I arranged the furniture in the living room so it actually feels like a home! *fanfare* The boxes hemmed everything in so all the furniture was against one wall and we had to get rid of boxes before we could make room. And I did it! I still have several to go, but we can sit on the couch and watch tv... once we get tv hooked up. And we got a big blue rug just like the one my parents have that I used to sit on and play Nintendo when I was growing up. And we unpacked a lamp or two and got another one so we have lights. (There are no lights and no carpet in the living room.) I'm finally starting to feel like we live in this place. :D
We miss you all!!!!!! They have tickets for the soldiers for a hockey game and we only took 2 and they're like, "Don't you want to take some friends with you?" and we looked at our shoes and said, "*sigh* No." But, we will make some friends soon. :) John is good at that and I'm... trying. (I'm still shy.)
Next post will be from HOME. Yayz!

3 comments:

Spyder said...

"SQUIRREL!!!" You crack me up. You should try to take a video and post it.

The Cox's said...

Your blog is so fun to read. Email us at gregheidi@gmail.com and we will invite you to view ours! Your blog is so happy and fun to read...it's hard to believe you are shy! Good luck making friends - sometimes it takes a while but it sure is nice once it happens!

Di said...

I think I'm going to go watch that again and just everybody will wonder why I'm laughing so hard... :)