Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Little Backstory

Well, what can I say? I'm just a somebody like anybody else. I grew up in a somewhat dysfunctional family (are we grading on a curve?) and led a bit of a quirky childhood. I actually got a complex because I didn't collect anything, so from that point on I collected everything (seriously: bouncy balls, rubber snakes, erasers, rocks...). I had an awkward phase like most - though people do seem to laugh at my pictures a little too hard. I grew up, screwed up in my own way, and found my sweetheart when I was 16. One helluva roller coaster ride later, we got married and now I'm poor, 26, and STILL in college. Yup, that's right folks. I just love sitting around all the 18-year-olds on campus talking about how old 22 is. A few years ago, my honey and I found our kitty in an extremely thorny hedge and spent hours rescuing a little gray puff bleeding from the eye. And sweet Moses did the thing have lungs on it! Now the puff is a tub and very dependent on me for his little existence, including his need for head-scratchin's at all hours. So, that's my little family, just the three of us. We read together, watch TV together, and well, we're going through hell (aka life) together. Once in a while I just feel like writing something -- because for me writing is a little like bleeding. It can hurt a lot and be difficult and messy while it's happening, but when it's over it's over and all those feelings are gone now and I can heal. Not that this will be a depressing blog with black edges. But, even happy can wear you out. I'm just trying to discover what I'm learning from life as I live it. So, for those of you who are listening, thank you and enjoy.

No comments: