Sunday, April 7, 2013

Johnny turns 32! =)

We celebrated John's birthday this weekend. :)  It's fun having our birthdays so close together.  It makes a "birthday season" every year. haha
For my birthday we went to the lovely Turkish restaurant, so we wanted to do something completely different for John's birthday.  We actually kind of spread his out over Friday and Saturday.  He finished work early on Friday so we decided to go out and celebrate early, as well.  We went to a place called Smokey Bones.  They have ribs and burgers, different meats and bold flavors. =)  Johnny had a giant club sandwich and stew and I had a cheeseburger (with bleu cheese and avocado... yumyum) and sweet potato fries.  Then we had a big piece of chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream.  It was awesome. >:)

He is definitely pleased. ;)
The birthday boy. ^_^
I like making him feel special.  He turned red just having the waitress bring him free cake and tell him "happy birthday." :3  He's so adorable.  He doesn't like a big fuss, but I insist on a little fuss.  ;)
Happy. :)
On Saturday we had a lazy day.  Johnny and the kitties even took a nap all in a row. :3 

Cutest nap ever.
The cats have been getting along so well.  They play all the time and now they are totally cuddly and adorable!  It makes me so happy.  Zoe was so lonely and all I've wanted was for her to feel a little happy again.  I know she'll always miss Miles.  But, having a baby sister is giving her life some brightness again.  Which Miley would want. :)  Zoe and Patches are definitely becoming the sweetest furry sisters ever.
This. Is. The. Best.
 Then we just decided to do something simple and went out for Chinese food for dinner for his birthday day.  And forgot to take pictures of it. v.v  Sorry about that.  (Hey, we got the picture with the eyebrow and the cake, so I'm happy.)  It was very low key and fun.  We got a couple of groceries on the way home and watched some Conan and fell asleep early.  =)  Everything a Johnny could want.  He values simplicity.
So birthday season has been a good season this year. ;)  I love that we have been together for it this year.  Good memories. :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That looks like an awesome birthday weekend! You guys should help Matthew and me plan our b-day season (we're two weeks apart)! Christine, you look stunning, and that kitty picture is pretty much totally adorable. Love you guys!