Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Another Year Has Come and Gone

My niece did the cutest blog post with pictures from the past year.  I've struggled to be able to write and her idea inspired me a lot, so I'm totally copying her. ;) Thanks, Megan.
This year has felt so long but so short.  Some things I think, "That was only a year ago?" and other things feel like they happened 5 years ago at least.  So much has happened.
At the beginning of last year I took a trip to New York for fun.  It helped me to see how strong I can be. :)
Johnny was just hanging out in Afghanistan. :7
 Being apart was difficult, but he still managed to send me flowers for my birthday. =)
We made the decision for John to reenlist in the Army for 5 more years while he was away.
We found out that Miles was very sick and I began learning how to nurse him for as long as we could - as long as the happy times outweighed the pain for him.
We shaved off his fur because his body couldn't handle the fur from washing himself any longer.  He looked so cute and felt like a little velvet kitty.
Then August was here and Johnny came home. =)
We got some new furniture - our couch had holes and our place felt a bit sparse.  The cats were more excited about it than we were.  And Johnny's chaise became Miley's chaise. xD
So, we got them their very own cat tree.  It took a while for them to warm up to it but it became their favorite place.
Miles and Zoe became best friends this year.  Miles had been so offended when we brought Zoe home but after a while he could tolerate her and soon he loved her like we do.  He even would allow her kisses... for a few seconds. ;)
Then one day it was his last day.  We had taken some pictures of him that day before we really knew it was the last time.  We'll always miss him.
Zoe has had a difficult time adjusting on her own.  We've just been doing our best to be there for her as much as we can.  And  make sure she knows how much we love her.
And then this happened. -_-
We're not even sure what happened.  The driver said he fell asleep and the rest of his story was a little different between what he told us and what he told the police and fire fighters.  He hit our neighbors car before running into our front porch.  We later found out it wasn't his truck and he'd been driving with a suspended license.  *sigh*  Housing is still working on fixing our porch.  We were relieved no one was hurt.

Johnny keeps working hard and doing his best.  I'm very proud of him.
We finally got our Christmas tree set up a few days before Christmas.  Zoe LOVES it.  Her favorite part is the tree skirt.  She takes her naps mostly under the tree skirt now.  We'll be leaving the tree up for a long time... hahaha!
 We were so glad to be together for Christmas this year.  Last year was very hard being apart, so this year was that much sweeter for us. :')
We spent New Year's Eve in our jammies watching "Happy New Year, Charlie Brown!" and had some bubbly when the clock struck twelve.  I had a little bit of a fever (phooey) so we wanted to just chill out at home. :)  Those are always really cozy good times. ;)  We're excited to see what 2013 brings. =)  Happy New Year everyone!

3 comments:

Maren said...

I am glad that you are doing well. Happy New Year! I hope 2013 is good for us all.

Jennifer said...

Wow, what an epic year! I loved getting your christmas card and update, and it warms my heart to think of you and Johnny spending this holiday season together again. Oh, and that picture of Zoe is CUTE! Love ya!

Trudy said...

Thanks for the update. So glad you two were back together for Christmas! Life certainly has its share of challenges for each of us, but it's always inspiring to see how you two always get through it together. Love you both!